Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hands Full of Love and Blessings

Today we went to watch Natalie's soccer game. We were all walking across the parking lot, and a lady said to us (who of course, as usual, we don't know at all), "Well you guys sure have your hands full." I say all the time that if I had a dollar (or even a penny) for every time I heard that (I also almost started keeping track - for a while, it was literally at least once a day), that I'd be rich. You know, I could use that money for groceries, etc., ha! Anyway, today was no different in hearing it, although, I haven't heard it as much when Patrick was with us, too. And, sometimes I hear it when I don't even have all the kids with me. My replies don't vary much. Typically I either say how I feel my hands are full in such a good way, or full of blessings, etc., but other times, if I don't have all the kids, then I'll tell them, "I didn't even bring everyone with me!" I really just tire, sometimes, of all the unsolicited feedback, but that's ok. I love my family and wouldn't change a thing. In any event, today Patrick's reply was, "Oh, well I've never heard that before." Nathaniel then said, "Dad, Mom hears that a lot."

He was right, although I had mixed emotions about him realizing how often we hear that. I had a bit of concern as to whether he knew what people meant and/or if there was a positive or negative connotation to it. I sure hope it doesn't give him any feelings of negativity at all. I made sure to tell him how my hands are full of love and blessings and how much we love all of them. I would really prefer that people not comment so often, but I can't control that. I would never make such comments to a person I didn't even know. Oh well. As I said, I think we're very blessed and I love my family!

No comments: