Yesterday after school, Nathaniel gave me quite chuckle with some comments he made all within about 5 minutes. He has a book from the library about presidents and he asked me to read it to him. We sat on the couch to read it...
"Mom, I don't think I want to be president."
"OK, that's just fine. Why do you say that?" I ask.
"Because you have to dress up A LOT!" (and he's full of smirky facial expressions)
Then he said, "Mom, the president lives in the White House. We live in a white house, maybe we could be president."
And then Leyton came in and they were discussing that a police officer came to school during the day as well as a dentist. They were telling me they learned "to talk police" as if it's a whole language. They both told me they knew what 'yes' was in police.
"10-4." (I was thinking that was more like goodbye, but they assured me 10-4 was yes.)
"OK," I said. "Well, what's goodbye?"
Nathaniel said, "I don't know, probably 10-5!"
I just laughed. He's a funny kid but always thinking. Then it turned out the dentist thing went well. After he sat there another minute, he said, "I finished my snack, I'm going to go brush my teeth."
Good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment