Sunday, March 7, 2010

Car Wash

Wow. About 10 days ago, after traveling to and from Washington for Beth's baby shower, I decided to take the truck to the car wash. I had been thinking about it for a week or so, but wanted to time it right in between rain, snow, sleet, travel snacks, etc. SO, after we returned from Washington I did it. I had even checked on the deal, "So when you guys vacuum, how much do you vacuum?" The answer was so pleasant..."front to back, all the way." OH YES! If they only knew what they were committing to! I was SURE I would be getting the best deal and these young high school boys at Waterway had no idea what they were getting into with my car!

After school, I took the kids there and we went inside to watch the event. They had a great time watching the cars go through the car wash and then ours traveled outside where the windows were being cleaned and the vacuuming took place. I could hardly contain myself. It was as if I was getting a treat like a manicure or massage. It was hard to believe how excited I was to see all this taking place in a matter of minutes while I sat with the kids and watched.

Then, upon re-entry, they even asked if everything was ok. Ha, how could it not be? It was like 1000 times better than before. I assured them I knew it would be fine and that I was sorry I had so much work for them to do. Their reply, "No problem, that's our job." (Ha, I'm sure this is after they muttered under their breath while vacuuming the 2 bags of spilled chex mix, many cheerios, miscellaneous other crumbs, and probably a french fry or four.)

Nice, best $15+ tip I have spent in a while. Patrick probably got tired of hearing about it. But I told him I just really felt it was SO worth it! He just smiled and thought it was great I enjoyed it so much. We're all trying to keep it clean now. And I couldn't believe how clean the windows look now, too! Double takes on whether the window was open or closed, hee hee.

No comments: