Time flies and flies and flies. My "lady cakes" turned 3 today and I just can't believe it. What a nice day. The boys were all out of school today and we planned to go to a pumpkin patch - silly rain foiled that plan. Oh well, we still had a great day. She actually slept in until about 10am. We ran to the store, and then Patrick was able to come home a little early. This evening, Grandma Sally & Grandpa Dan, Aunt Stacy, Uncle Robert & Aunt Beth & Mya, and our neighbor Charlotte came over for a fun family birthday gathering. I made Leah's favorite meal: CHILI. I made a regular beef one and then a white chicken one. We had Dora cake with ice cream and rootbeer. All her favorites. She got some books, several nice outfits, a Dora doll, a baby bassinette, and a few other things. She was happy as a clam. Her total phase these days is babies. She's so cute with them and plays with them so nicely. It is still different to me seeing a little girl go through these phases and enjoying dolls, etc. What a sweet girl. She said she had a great day, and I'm glad she did.
Always interesting to look back to the day each of the kids were born. This is one of the phases of parenthood I never really thought about before they were born. Each time a birthday rolls around, I just really enjoy thinking about their actual birth day and reveling at the joy and love they've brought just by being them. Each of them has added a unique part to our family and I really think it is a special day for me as Mom to just think and enjoy how much I love each of them and how grateful I am that they are here.
We love you, Leah!
(Maybe tomorrow I'll get a few pictures up from the day - just too tired right now)
1 comment:
Glad she enjoyed her day. We were glad to join her party!
Beth, RL, & Mya
Post a Comment