Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back-tracking to Mothers Day & my birthday

So I didn't want to totally leave out the wonderful celebrations we had in May for Mothers Day and my birthday. Patrick sure made them special. Mothers Day was sure a busy weekend. We decided to make a trip to TX to watch our godson Nicholas make his First Communion. On Friday night at 6pm we decided to go and we left at 7pm. We arrived at the hotel at 3am, got everyone back to sleep by 4am, and headed to Mass at 10:30. We had a nice day visiting with the Grahams and the kids could have all played for days. I got to check out the infamous Ikea so loved by many, and before we knew it, it was 6pm on Saturday. That's when we decided to head back home to KS. We made it home around 2:30am and that was the start of Mothers Day. We went to Mass followed by brunch at Barbara's with Natalie, Stacy & Jon, Greg, & Grandma Sally & Grandpa Dan. After that, it was back home to settle in a bit before Patrick started making a wonderful dinner for all of us. I'm sure I've said it before, but it always sinks in that I don't need any kind of gift on days like that because the kids giving me the opportunity to be their mom is all the gift I need. They all made the day so nice. Each of the kids did make me a little something, though, and I loved everything.

That same week I got to celebrate again for my birthday! Another nice day. I had the day off work so I had lunch with the boys at school and Patrick came home from work early to make another great dinner. The kids got to have their once-a-year cake for breakfast, too, since we started doing that on Mom's birthday. A fun treat. It sure made for a very special week.

No comments: