Monday, October 24, 2011

How can I be so far behind?

Well, I truly need to get caught up on blogging and my pictures. I knew I hadn't posted anything in a long time, but I was amused to see that my last post - more than 1 1/2 months ago - was about working on pictures...I'm pretty sure I haven't worked on them since then! Just the daily life and other projects have really kept me busy! But, progress is happening, so that's good.

Other things we have been up to...
-the basement project - should have the final inspection this Wednesday! Then we can start rearranging the kids' rooms. The most recent progress - cabinets & counters in during the past couple weeks, speakers are in the ceiling, and the last few safety items taken care of
- different car - done - I'm now the proud driver of a Ford 12 passenger van! I kind of joke about it, but it is comfortable and really gives us a good amount of space. The kids absolutely love it and it will be nice to have some extra seats. I will say, though, that never in my life 10 years ago or earlier did I think I'd ever own one. I think we'll get a lot of great use out of it.
- this weekend I balanced my checkbook for the months of June, 2011-present! WOW, I had some catching up to do!
- then there's the usual stuff - soccer practice, games, homework, routine laundry, errands, cleaning, working, etc.
- finally started working a bit on potential baby names! That's the most recent thing that got promoted to the top of the list. 34 weeks - I guess we should come up with something!

Other things I'd like to work on:
- getting all the kids situated so we can figure out which room we'll put the baby in (and whether that involves another room being painted or not).
- cleaning out the garage so we can park in there again - still have some basement project equipment there.
- take a breather from the projects to just sit in anticipation of meeting our new little person!
-actually getting my picture work done along with my annual family photo album for 2010 (which hasn't been started).

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, but for the moment, these are the thoughts on my mind! I feel a bit sad about any great memories that I may have failed to record lately, but will just hope they come back to me! Just been a busy time around here!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so happy ti read your update!! I'll be checking back frequently to hear the news of your newest family member. I'm keeping you all in my prayers!