Well, if you don't, I'll fill you in. Had you spent the day at my house, you would know for sure. It is Leah's 1/2 birthday of course! She's officially 4 1/2 and she couldn't be happier. To clarify, we haven't typically celebrated half-birthdays, but they do at school - primarily for the summer birthday children. In any event, Leah's birthday, being October 11, leads to today's half birthday celebration. She was so excited and has been looking forward to the day for some time now. She'd ask me, "Mom, when is my half birthday?" So this morning, I told her the news and she was pretty much glowing all day. She had told Grandma Sally about it coming up, and Grandma Sally sure pulled through - she called Leah & left a message singing "Happy half birthday to you..." Leah just glowed. It was as if it was her actual birthday. She asked about going to the store to buy something, but when I told her it wasn't really a present receiving kind of day, she was just fine with that and kept on smiling. She wanted to pick dinner for today, and surprisingly, she didn't pick chili, but she did choose breakfast (a definite popular birthday choice at our house). She told everyone she saw today about it and I just had to enjoy the pure joy she found in this celebration of her. Tonight, Patrick actually met up with us at baseball practice and got off work "early" around 7:30pm. He surprised her with some jelly beans. And there she went again, with the biggest smile about her special day.
You know, maybe she actually has all this figured out - to always find a reason to celebrate. I'm so appreciative of each gift of life in our family and so it did give me a chance to enjoy the spirit of my 4 AND 1/2 year old and all she brings to our lives. And, she really does seem to be growing and changing a lot...she's grown taller and some days, I have a hard time thinking that she's only in 3 year old preschool! Sure love her!
1 comment:
Cute!
Love,
Aunt Bethy
Post a Comment