My baby girl is sleeping,
But her cake is done.
How can it be
That today she's one?!
Love you sweet baby girl!!
-------
Part II
So what a lovely day. I enjoyed looking back over the past year and feeling so much joy about what Catherine has brought to our family and what a gift she is. I was thinking about that early trip to the hospital that morning when she was born. I remember saying, "it's another girl" before anyone else announced it. Of course as we always say, we couldn't imagine life without her.
Catherine, you have a great squinty smile like big brother Nathaniel had (and Aunt Lissy, Aunt Beth, and Grandma Donna all are sure you look like him). You love dancing to music, you crawl super fast and are really close to walking. You are definitely laid back and go with the flow...as I always tell people...that's why God sent you as #6 because you pretty much have to go with the flow with everyone else's stuff to go to and from. Your whole family loves you dearly, but I think you and Leyton have a special little closeness that I love to watch and hope it always stays. I enjoy spending my time with you, cute little peanut and love you more each day!
We did have a good day, busy of course, but good. We had bible study/Catechesis this morning, and then Anne actually had a well child visit - fun, I know. Then we came home for Catherine to nap a bit while I decorated the cake. Then it was lasagne, grapes, yogurt, salad and breadsticks for dinner. She really ate a lot! Then cake of course. She really went to town on the cake! First small slow bites, then bigger, then faster. It was cute. I think she really enjoyed it. The Lees came over for dinner and we always appreciate them visiting with us. I think the. She was pretty tuckered out. She got a nice bath and played with her new bath toys - thanks Grandma Donna and Grandpa Jerry and the Grahams! Then out like a light with a full belly.
Just a wonderful day to celebrate this little cutie. I'll have to get some pictures in tomorrow or this weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment