Sunday, April 6, 2008

How Not to Shop for New Shoes

Sunday, 4:30pm, we finally get going to the mall to buy new tennis shoes for the kids. We arrive at the mall, get into the store to see a huge crowd. We put our name on the list to wait for a turn with the staff for measuring, selecting, etc. Well, when we were finally helped, it was probably 5pm or a little after. The store closes at 6pm & we're trying for 4 pairs of shoes. They are now getting hungry, especially Jacob. Leah has awakened from falling asleep in the car, and here we are trying to be fitted. We get the big boys' sizes...Leyton had picked some shoes he really liked. Nathaniel decided he didn't want any & would keep his old ones. Well, until he saw what Leyton liked. So, he wanted those as well. Jacob was simply upset with the whole process. He did, however, NEED new shoes more than anyone else I think. So, we wait for the shoes...guess what? They don't have the shoes Leyton wanted in his size. Yikes. They did have Nathaniel's size and he said, "I sure am glad they have these in MY size." Perfect. Leyton started to cry as he really wanted those shoes from the mall today. I found out we can get them at their other store at Town Center, but he was sad because he wanted them today. I understand. I mean, he is only four and isn't it pretty exciting to go get new shoes? I know I always liked it. Leyton didn't want any other ones. So we had some for Nathaniel, still debating on if Leah needed some (while she was crying & wanting to eat as well), none for Leyton & Jacob wasn't cooperating. We finally got some on Jacob & he kept saying they were "TOO TIGHT" (hardly). Finally I was able to convince Leyton that he & I could go on a special trip tomorrow to get his shoes. He was finally ok with it. I did feel bad to see him so sad. It was cute on the way home, though. I told him thanks for being such a big boy & he said, "It's ok Mom, I'll get some tomorrow. I can wait." Jacob's shoes were finally ok once we got home. What made things even better was a little dinner for everyone. After dinner, life was back to pure happiness for all. So here I get to the best part...we have 3 boys & 1 girl sleeping now - all 3 boys wanted to wear their shoes to bed.

No comments: