Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Growing Up!

I've been noticing lately how much it seems like Leyton & Nathaniel are growing up & maturing. Leyton has been so patient and loving to everyone. Nathaniel has been so willing to help with stuff around the house and also to give up something he has if someone else really wants it. Yesterday Leyton was playing with his trains in the basement. He played & played and knew it was going to be time to head up for bath. I set the timer & told them when it was up, we'd go upstairs. The timer rang and everyone but Leyton was upstairs. I called for him & got the answer, "In a minute." I figured I'd go check on him. I was so pleasantly surprised when I found that he was still down there because he was cleaning up all the toys and putting them away without even the least request from me. I was so happy to see him doing that so nicely. Nathaniel has been helping me clean a lot and like when his brothers want something, like to unlock the mailbox for example, Nathaniel will say, "That's ok, Mom, I can do it next time. Jacob can have this turn." It sure makes me so proud of them! I of course then really think about things too much and let my thoughts wander the future. Time just flies so quickly. I can't imagine when they're going to be in school every day. Life will never be the same! They'll never have as much time at home as they do now and I need to enjoy every moment!

No comments: