Today (and yesterday) was one of those days. We were super busy with appointments & running around. No fun to go over most of those details, but worth mentioning how happy I am I didn't miss a few little moments.
Leah's simple life: She had 9 month pictures taken today. It was so sweet to see the simplicity of what it takes for such a youngster to be happy. She laughed, grinned, crawled around, and explored and seemed to be having such a great time. This led to some absolutely adorable pictures!
Nathaniel's Kindness & Ingenuity: He was really being my big boy today. Helping me out, being patient, etc. Tonight, though, we walked to the park and the big boys rode their bikes. They usually don't want to ride back home, though. That was the case tonight. I told Leyton I'd pick his up later & we'd just leave it there for now. Then I caught a glimpse of Nathaniel in front of the stroller. He had his bike & helmet, and Leyton's bike & helmet. He was trying to hook Leyton's helmet around the handlebars and connect it to his bike so he could ride & pull Leyton's home for him...sweet. However, he couldn't get it worked out. I just watched & enjoyed his thoughtfulness. Then he said, "Oh, I just can't get my idea to work." We talked about it & I had to let him know what a great idea it was and how sweet it was to help.
Leyton's Sweet Laughter: I was tired by bath time tonight. The usual routine is that we often get LOTS of water out of the bath tub. Tonight was no exception, but I just let it go a bit. I was in the hallway putting Leah's PJ's on. Leyton & Nathaniel were squirting water at each other with empty shampoo bottles. The best part was Leyton in there having such a great time...laughing, laughing, laughing. It was the sweetest laughter to hear at the end of a long busy day. I needed that!
Jacob's Goodnight: The big boys were in bed, Jacob was next, Leah would be last (rather reversed tonight). I was laying by Jacob and telling him goodnight, and of course he said, "Few more minutes, Mom." I gave him a few more minutes & then figured I better get Leah to bed. I was getting ready to leave & he lay there tired & whispered, "I love you so, Mom." Perfect ending!
So I guess in a nutshell:
- 3 well-child visits yesterday, and another HVAC visitor to give us as estimate for our house, along with a lot of housework to do: $90 copays, too many thousands for a furnace & heat pump
- Spending four hours at the mall, me & the kids, taking pictures, returning pants, playing a little: $125
- Waiting a whole extra hour beyond our two-hour window for the delivery of our new refrigerator: I think they owe me!
- Spending all this time with my four sweet kids: PRICELESS!
No comments:
Post a Comment