So I guess it follows Murphy's Law that as soon as we opt to replace most of our kitchen appliances, it would happen that the main one we did NOT replace (dishwasher - since we'd replaced it since we've lived here) decides to break on us! Yikes. A week and a half ago on a Sunday was our dishwasher's last run and boy have we missed it! Last night, though, we did order a new one that will be in on Saturday. I can't wait.
In the mean time, as I wash the dishes, I come to my memory of the day:
the house Grandma Rita used to live in had a ceramic sink in the kitchen & she did not have a dishwasher (yes I realize I'm spoiled today as we didn't always have a d/w as a kid). I remember how she used to wash the dishes & it was always, well, shall I say, with a purpose. We used to pretend to wash like her & swish, splash, push around the dishes in the sink. It always made this noise & it made us laugh like the silly kids we were.
No comments:
Post a Comment