Monday, December 8, 2008

Little Readers

Well, we have 2 little readers in the last week! I had bought some Bob books from Lissy's recommendation, and they have worked out pretty well. We've had them for a while, and they didn't have a lot of interest at first, but last week, they really wanted to work on them. Leyton is a little farther ahead right now, but Nathaniel is working hard too. Leyton just sounds out the words and quickly makes the connection from the sounds to the word. Nathaniel is doing great at sounding the words out, he just needs a little more help in the connection between "c - a - t" to a smooth "cat". But, no pressure, I know they'll get it. We are all just proud for the progress they've made.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great! How exciting! I'm glad they are doing well! Those are great books!