Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, Leyton & Nathaniel!

Wow, hard to believe we've made it there. I was telling the boys on their birthday a little bit about how much they surprised us on that day 5 years ago. Things sure have changed since that morning, and definitely for the good! We have been so wondefully blessed.

These two boys are so much fun. It is so amazing seeing how much their thoughts are developing and how much reasoning they are capable of. Nathaniel continues to be our future engineer if we had to characterize. He is always finding solutions on how to fix things, new ways to do the same thing, EASIER ways to do something, etc. I'm sometimes amazed to hear his thoughts as they involve about a five or six step process and he skips right to the result he's arrived at. He is also very gentle hearted and kind. Interestingly, he's also very strong physically. I'm sometimes amazed (although, other times not impressed if it involves making a sibling miserable) when I see him exert his full strength. He could do some damage! He literally does open pickle jars or other jars if I need him to!

And my sweet Leyton. He is such a true big brother. He takes great care of his family, especially Leah, and always has sweet words for her especially when she wakes up. He plays very well with her and really does care for all the kids. He's a big helper and he's always thinking. He's becoming very good at adding, counting, writing, etc., and seems to really enjoy it.

I completely enjoy both of them. They are big helpers, they are curious, they are sweet, and I just couldn't imagine life without them. It's been a wonderful five years and now they're about 43 pounds...quite a change from 3lb 13oz (L) and 4lb 3 oz (N).

No comments: