Sunday, July 5, 2009

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!

What a day and what a wonderful surprise! We welcomed Anne Marie Robinson to the world and to our family today at 4:09pm. She was 8lb 0.3 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and just as cute as can be. She really surprised us as we thought it was going to be a little boy. We are so happy to have her and think it is just wonderful that Leah will have a sister. The kids are all so excited and Leyton has said many times already that "I knew it was going to be a baby sister."

The delivery went smoothly and quickly again. In the morning we were at mass and then we went to Sweet Tomatoes as an early celebration of Uncle Robert's birthday. As we were there, I was feeling like maybe I wanted to go home & lie down for a while. Good thing I did - it wasn't long after that we decided maybe it was time to head to the hospital. We called in the support troops - Grandma Sally & Grandpa Dan and Uncle Robert & Aunt Beth came over while Patrick & I headed to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital around 2:30pm or so, so it didn't take too long after that. When they checked me for the first time there, I was 6-7cm and the bag of waters was bulging. The contractions were getting stronger, but I also had some "uterine irritability" (not totally relaxing between contractions; they say brought on by doing too much or dehydration - can't imagine that would be the case in my life, ha.). Anyway, it wasn't long and my water broke and at that point I just knew it was going to be speedy. I felt it was time to push, doctor said okay, and one push and we met our little Anne. She is precious and the instantaneous family dynamic change had occurred and we already couldn't imagine life without her.

I do have pictures, just need to get some uploaded.

No comments: