Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mr. Mischief Strikes Again

Have I ever mentioned that Jacob is quite mischievous; always up to something? Well today, no different. We were outside swinging and Jacob decided to come inside for a bit. I kept pushing Leah on the swing. Then, it had been a little while & I wondered what he might be doing, so I went to check on him. Interestingly, the back door was now locked - definitely hadn't been locked earlier. I knew the front door was locked since Anne was sleeping in her carseat in our office. And, since it hasn't made it to the top of our list yet, we don't have a garage door opener remote or an outside mounted code entry keypad. So, low and behold, the rest of us were officially locked out since the garage backdoor and the laundry room door were also locked (Beth - surprised?). ANYWAY, it then dawns on me what Jacob is likely up to. You see, we did bake cookies yesterday - the chocolate chip variety - Jacob's weakness. And furthermore, he has been known to be a cookie thief, a swiper, a sneak, if you will, of the homemade morsels. In any event, I looked in the kitchen window and could then see the bowl of cookies still on the counter but with the lid off. Ah ha! Busted...well, kind of, as I'm still locked out. I knock and knock and I hear, "Nobody's hoo-oome!" and I could tell there was a grin involved. Trying to be serious (even though laughing inside of myself), I ask him to open the door with no success. Talk about one of those moments you shouldn't laugh but can't help it. Then a part of me wonders what wll happen if he really won't open up? Then we have a problem. Anyway, after a few more minutes of hidden grins, I decide to call out that we are leaving to go get a treat and we'd see him later. We hid on the side of the house and within 10 seconds, he was out the front door (with the door open behind him, luckily) wanting to join us. What a character. I realized he needed to know that his decision was not an acceptable one, yet I couldn't help but laugh at the situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! That's my Jakey.

Love,
Grandma Donna

Anonymous said...

That kinda of reminds me of when he was so post to be taking a nap and I here a door slam, so I go check it out and he had gone in your bedroom taken Patrick's cologne and covered himself in it. He smelt so bad but I couldn't help to laugh. I ended up giving him a quick bath to try and get off the overwhelming smell.
Christine : )