I start by saying I love my family, I love being a mom to my children and I love being a wife to my husband. I also say, though, that it is true that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and their own choices. I do my best not to judge others for their decisions. I know I'm not perfect, but I depend on my faith and trying to associate with people who may support the values and ways that Patrick & I try to live by and teach to our children. However, we know that we often find ourselves out of the norm. Doesn't really bother me too much, but there are still times when a comment, a look, etc., can really affect (aka hurt) me. A recent situation has led me to think about this more. So tonight, I found myself listening to a song that really has an impact on me and reminds me of where my true motivation should be. It helps me in dealing with a difficult or hurtful situation. It is called: "I'm waiting" by John Waller. A reminder that I shouldn't let situations hurt me, but know that I'm working on bigger and more important life goals.
In addition, I found an email that I received a few years back that I have kept because I really enjoy the perspective. It is called, "The case for large families" by Michael Pakaluk, professor of philosophy at Clark University, lives in Cambride, MA. I think he makes several excellent points and I keep this and read it every now and again. Simply put, there's a comment toward the end about jogging through the park vs. walking through the park with five of his children that I especially enjoy.
1 comment:
Christine,
I found your blog this evening through Melissa's, which I found through Ann J's at Six Times Blessed.
Anyway, I can relate to your post - as I've been ushering kids in and out of VBS this week, like you, with lots of faces of shock and awe, whispers, questions, etc.
Maybe we can get our large families together sometime??!! A playdate with our kids?
Kristin Knight - mother of 7 little ones - ages 9 to newborn; fellow Nativity parishioner
Post a Comment