Monday, September 6, 2010

Fun Weekend

So we'd really like it if every week could have a three-day weekend! It was so nice having the extra day. We didn't really have a lot of plans, but that's what made it even better. Friday night I worked. Saturday, we grilled and did some house work. Sunday we went to Mass and then I got a new car! Well, not really, but it looks like it! I spent about 4 hours cleaning my car - all the car seats came out and even got the actual seats of the car moved to clean under them. That hasn't been done in a LONG time! I cleaned leather, used lots of Armor All, and the kids actually vacuumed it. They each wanted a turn & I wouldn't turn that down! They did a great job. I even got my Little Green carpet cleaner out there & shampooed the carpet. We'll see how long it can stay clean. The Lees came over for a little visit & brought cupcakes - they were a hit! Thanks, guys! We ended the day with bike riding and visiting.

This morning, Anne & I were the first ones up so we went for a nice long walk this morning while everyone else slept in a bit. We spent a couple hours this afternoon with me shopping with the kids: a bit of clothes & each bought a small toy. Amazing how much time you can spend in one store with four kids trying to choose something. Tonight we went to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes and then had sort of a family game night. We played Trouble and the War card game.

Tonight Patrick is enoying seeing football back on TV and I'm trying to plan out the week we'll dive into in the morning. Back to the routine!

No comments: