Sunday, September 26, 2010
Overheard this week...at the baseball game
So I know most of the parents on Leyton's baseball team, but not all of them know me. No big deal, I'm usually hanging out with the kids anyway. I was sitting in the bleachers this week with the rest of the kids and one of the moms was behind me (her son is in the boys' class at school). Anyway, she saw me sitting with the kids and of course asked if they were all mine. "Yes." And then the usual, "Oh, wow, you sure have your hands full." And then the response, "In a very good way." Then she asked me if I had four children. Hmm, I wondered why, then, I was there for the game - and every other game as well? I explained that I had five and that one was on the team. So, obviously she didn't really know who I was or anything. No big deal. Her husband is helping coach. I don't really know him either, but do know who he is, and actually feel a little uncomfortable around him for some reason. He sat down with his wife and was talking aloud. Glad I overheard this, but he said when Leyton went to bat, "Leyton, now that is a good kid. He's a really nice boy. He listens, he really wants to learn. He's just really a great kid." I totally didn't expect to hear that, but it sure made my day. I'm proud of all of my children and I love my family so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment