So the boys are out of school today for MLK Jr. It is so much fun having them home. Last week they had two snow days, on Mon. & Tues., and that was a lot of fun, too. I enjoy having them home & I know they enjoy an extra day to play. This morning, they've already played Blokus, Flip Uno, Sorry, and Chutes & Ladders. Then they played matchbox cars in the kitchen, and now they have moved on to Light Saber battles - that could go on for a while. I love hearing them playing and having fun. The girls have been playing playdoh and pretend kitchen stuff. Anne pretty much just tries to be part of whatever is going on. Sometimes, it happens to be destructive to others' efforts (like a lineup of about 30 matchbox cars getting kicked apart - not intentional, but you know). She's a hoot.
The only bummer of the day...I don't get to stay home for all of it...I have to work today. At least I get to spend the morning with them.
1 comment:
Chrissy,
It is refreshing to hear a mother glad her kids had a snow day. Most moms these days say they wish their kids were in school. You can sure tell where the love is.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment