Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Travel Troubles?
Interesting thing I found today. I searched on Expedia.com to look at hotel options for us en route to Destin. We figured we'd spend one night there on the way, maybe around Birmingham. Anyway, I entered the following information: Birmingham, AL, the dates, 2 adults, 5 children (& entered their ages). And the search results: plenty, but each and every entry said "max children exceeded." Hmm. I hadn't anticipated that. So, I searched a bit more on "max hotel occupancy" and saw a few articles addressing this specific type of issue as compared to just a large number of people trying to stay in one room. And then, I came across a site that may actually be helpful for a family like us. Good find. I'm sure it'll lead us to where we'll stay; you can search by location and it lists options that sleep 5, 6, 7, or 8 people. Whew. I really was not liking the idea of figuring out how we'd be in a hotel for that one night. Who'd have known (maybe lots of people, but I hadn't considered that we technically couldn't stay in most rooms)?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mya and her parents could chaperone a second hotel room if that becomes necessary. Thanks and good evening.
We ran into trouble once we had Peter...for some hotels even 4 is too many...glad you found something that will work.
Post a Comment