Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Leah's Beautiful Eyes

My darling, oh why do you want to wear makeup...to be like Mom I'm sure. But then what's the right approach to making sure they always feel beautiful without makeup? Hmm, but Mom wears makeup, why does that make sense? Hmm, haven't answered that yet. In any event, these thoughts are in response to Leah's many trips to my bathroom lately...seeking the makeup. One morning recently (I think I worked the night before), I was getting ready & noticed that my eyeliner, mascara, and body lotion were all missing. After she woke up, I just calmly asked her if she had been keeping those items safe for me. She said yes. I asked her where she's been keeping them and she quickly got them out. I thanked her for keeping them for me and just asked her to make sure Mom was with her if she was needing any more of my makeup. Since then, there's been multiple occasions where she appears with huge black circles literally drawn around her eyes - from eyebrow to below the eye, or mascara streaks on her cheeks, or lipstick everywhere BUT her lips. And then of course you ask her if she's been in my makeup and OF COURSE, the answer is, "No." But then she seems so amazed, like, wow, how did Mom know I was in her stuff again? Priceless. Now, I think we have it all under control - I gave her some old makeup - just some light eye shadow and some almost gone blush in a compact that she can keep. She was glowing. Now she has those things in her purse for safe keeping. So after she's all made up, her most recent other adventure is that she's been putting her pink backpack on hanging on the front. Then between her chest & the backpack, she puts a baby...it's her baby carrier. I just can't help but enjoy the surprises that come with each day. That reminds me, I better quit typing..another surprise may be on its way.

No comments: