Monday, April 4, 2011

Mom Retreats, Dad & Kids Party

This past weekend I had an excellent retreat. My team gave the Christ Renews His Parish Retreat to the next group of 30 women from our parish. It was really a great weekend & Patrick & I are so glad we have participated in this program. Patrick & the kids got to handle things on their own. I think they did pretty well. When I got home on Sunday afternoon/evening, I asked Nathaniel how his weekend was & he said it was good. I asked him if he by chance cleaned his room. His reply, "No, I was too busy going out to eat." That made me laugh. Sounds like they went out for lunch Sat., out for dinner Sat., and out for breakfast Sun. I'm just glad they had a good time. I also brought home some left over desserts for the kids...I am wondering if they'll think Mom should leave more often? Hopefully not. It's hard to define exactly, but the retreat & formation process has been great for us and I think it is an awesome thing for our parish. The ways it can change people's focus & path is just so encouraging and I think no matter where you are spiritually, it has so many benefits. I know that what convinced Patrick to go was that he'd heard about it so much from my doctor & he thinks a lot of him. I had been curious for a while after my parents went to it. A time commitment so worth doing! Funny that one of the men on Patrick's team mentioned how they wouldn't be meeting weekly anymore and he said it felt like they were all breaking up. I am sure they'll make a plan for what to do next. For today...back to the laundry, groceries, work, and the routine.

No comments: