Yesterday, Beth, Robert, & Mya kindly let Leyton, Nathaniel, Leah, & Anne come over to play while I took Jacob to a birthday party. They were all excited to go play at Mya's house. So Beth told me today that they went over to the high school track and they ran a lap or two. Apparently as Leah approached the finish line of her second lap (which she'd pretty much ran the whole way), the bystanding family members started to cheer for her. Beth said you could tell a very obvious look with Leah that she was really kicking it up a knotch - that the cheering really got her going. She buckled down and ran in an all out sprint. I wish I could have been there to see it.
Then back at the house, Beth said Leah was running circles in the yard. She ran around Robert and came to report, "Beth, I just ran around your husband!" Then she ran off again saying, "I'm going to go run around Mya's dad."
I tell you, she is a free spirit. It doesn't at all surprise me, but I would have loved to have seen it!
To top it off, we all got invited to stay for Chicken Pot Pie dinner which was enjoyed by all - especially me since I got a night off cooking when Patrick was out of town already! Thanks, Beth, Robert, & Mya!
No comments:
Post a Comment