OK, OK, so I thought in June that I would be able to catch up a bit. Boy was I wrong with the flow of summer. Oh well, hopefully it will still come. I don't like the thought of not remembering some of the great things going on and fun times of the summer. BUT, I will also say that I had an unexpected delay or two even recently...like a laptop full of pictures that won't boot up and I don't have time to work with it. I was able to safely remove the pictures, thank goodness. It would have been all of my 2012 pictures.
So today is the first full day of school and I knew the day would be different. I'll miss the boys and Leah, but I'll look forward to seeing them. But this morning, I thought how it would be different that the boys are gone. I thought about what I would do in those first moments. Why not something I've been wanting to do for a while but just wasn't able to. How about something that would just make my day great. One maybe two hours? Hmm. Upon much thought (well, not really), after dropping them off at 7:50, I rushed home to prepare for my morning plans...are you wondering what I did? Any guesses? Don't let the suspense get to you. I promptly walked in the door, put laundry in the washer, and filled the bucket with vinegar & water, got my towel & wash cloth and...mopped the kitchen, family room, entry, & dining room. Fwew, about 2 hours later and I'm taking a minute to capture this accomplished feeling. The excitement as accurately reported by Anne, "Mom, the floor feels good on my toesies!" Yes, it does. Will it last the day?
Now to enjoy more of this beautiful day!
1 comment:
Always fun when the little ones say something cute about something like that. Well worth the effort for her toesies!
Love from...
You Know Who!
Post a Comment