Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The little mommy

I so enjoy watching Leah being creative and imaginative when she's at home playing.  These days she's just so much about being a mom and taking care of her babies.  I'm amazed sometimes at all the things I now take note of that she has probably seen me do.  So, it is true..."someone is always watching."

We of course have regular instances of her nursing her babies.  She will sit on the couch with the Boppy and her baby and a blanket over all.  Then she will just sit there a while, peacefully.  Very sweet.

Earlier this summer (although less motherly but still like her mom), I saw in her bag to take to the pool, a toy phone in a ziplock bag.  At first I took a minute to think and then I recalled that in weeks just before that, I had put my cell phone in a ziplock bag to put in my swim bag.  I didn't think she even would have known or noticed I did that, but she did.

Most recently, she was talking more about some day when she hopes to have a baby.  Last night before bedtime, she was asking about how I knew and how the doctor knew that I was going to have a baby.  She told me that someday when she's going to have a baby, that she will call me to tell me "when she's due." I was really surprised at her terminology and everything.  She will either call me or maybe she will "send a message." Then there was even more discussion tonight.  She said that when her baby is ready to be born, that her husband will take her to the hospital (by the way she cried last night because she said she wanted to go with Patrick and I to the hospital when Catherine was born), and then when her baby is born, she will call me to tell me what she had and that she hopes I will come visit her and her baby.  Or, she might send me a message, or she said if she can't call, then her husband will call me.  Such a detailed plan, I couldn't help but relish the moment.

Patrick always talks about those commercials where the girl is driving the car with her dad and she's old enough to drive, but the dad just sees a little girl sitting there talking...he is pretty sure he feels that will be him someday (and he's living it somewhat now with her talk).  She has asked him about whether he will come to her wedding...little does she know that these are all moments of her life that her parents would never miss!

She's a precious little girl, and I'm sure she'll make a great mom when her day comes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She will be a great mom. She has a great role model to follow. What a blessing our little Leah is.

Mom