Well, with all the singing we do around here, you start to really make sure you listen to all the lyrics. I know I've mentioned that the boys like Alan Jackson & they also have listened to some of Patrick's old cassettes (yes, his CD player in his car has business cards in it?! so he can use the cassette player) like John Morris who sings some Irish folk songs. Well, they hear a lot of the lyrics, but we're glad they haven't picked up a few & guess we better hope they don't get a couple words on the songs they already know...
Leyton: "Way down yonder on the Chattahootchie, it gets hotter than a hootche kootchie. We laid rubber on the 'Georgy' asphalt, got a little crazy but we never got caught. Down by the river on a Friday night pyramid of 'ca' in the pale moonlight. Talking 'bout cars & dreamin' 'bout 'mum...(mumble)'....
Leyton, Nathaniel, & Jacob: "way hey up she rises, way hey up she rises, way hey up she rises, earl-i in the mornin'" - luckily we haven't gotten into the refrain of that one which is, "What do you do with drunken sailor, what do you do with a drunken sailor..."
With their Jim Cosgrove music & other CD's like Ralph's World, they really know a lot of lyrics, none of which we need to worry about. With Ralph's World, probably a funny one is the coffee song because they can't spell, but they sing the song which goes..."M-O-M-M-Y needs C-O-F-F-E-E, D-A-D-D-Y needs C-O-F-F-E-E. I love my kids, I love my kids...but I need, what I need, and I need a lot of M-O...etc."
I actually bought them 2 new CD's last week that have some "Jesus songs" that they are really enjoying also. One is more like prayers, the other is fun songs with names like Monster, Jesus & Macaroni, etc.
All the music they listen to is actually decent, you just think more about each word when you have the youngsters around singing & listening - as we know kids hear all & will remember all.
No comments:
Post a Comment