The boys continue to pick up new songs all the time. Lately, we've been listening to one of Dierks Bentley's other CD's - Modern Day Drifter - when we're in the car. The two favorite songs lately have been "Cab of My Truck" and "Good Man Like Me." It is very entertaining to watch them sing (you have to watch in the rearview mirror of the car; if you look back, they tell you not to look or not to sing, etc.). Jacob sits in the back and strums his imaginary guitar on his chest & sings quite a few lyrics. Leyton sits and looks all serious when he sings all the parts he knows. I put some of the lyrics below & highlighted & italicized parts that they at least try to sing (even though they don't always know what they're singing about). My favorite part to see Jacob sing is the "beat up bag of red man chew." Leyton is so serious it's like he's studying the lyrics when the song is on. Then at the end of the song, he says, "Get out of my way Cadillac, big white's comin' through." Now this is probably their favorite part. They yell this in such a funny way & they also call it a "Cadillock."
This has led to a whole new exploration when we're driving - always looking for Cadillacs. I have to point them all out. It's very amusing. Nathaniel has also figured out that we should say about ourselves, "Get out of my way, Cadillock, my big Gray (or silver) is comin' through." One of our neighbors has a Cadillac Escalade and I've told them that it's a Cadillac. So today, Nathaniel was wondering if he was home. I told him I wasn't sure & asked if their car was home. He said, "Well, yeah, the Cadillock is home."
With "Good Man Like Me," Jacob probably sings the most. He calls this the baby, baby song. Seeing my two-, almost three-year-old singing, "Where you gonna find a good man like me" is really just a kick. Very cute.
I'm not sure if this is as funny to read about, but it sure is amusing as live entertainment.
Cab Of My Truck
Written by Mark Nesler, Brett Beavers & Dierks Bentley
Cracked winshield, that I super-glued
Crumpled up cans and a beat up bag of red man chew
Fix a flat, Johnny Cash box set
Half a dozen parking tickets that i aint paid yet
And sitten on that cloth bench seat
I got my shot gun girl right next to me
CHORUS
Four wheel turnin', Two hearts burnin'
We go runnin wild
Gonna make a million memories...
Sliden' rear back window
So it's an easy reach to where my cooler keeps 'em
iced down cold
Roll of duck tape, WD-40
Ain't nothin too loose or licked too tight for a man like me
I might take it slow, 30 through town
But on a back dirt road
Girl, i put the hammer down
REPEAT CHORUS
Good Man Like Me
Written by Del McCoury
Now that old car, it ain't gonna last
You ride around all day, I buy the gas
The more I work, the more you spend
Tell me honey baby when will this all end
CHORUS
Her bags are packed, my nerves are racked
She's got a one-way ticket, ain't comin' back
Oh baby, babyWhere you gonna find a good man like me
Take a look at this house turned upside-down
I hung the clothes on the line, they blowed down to the ground
I try to eat my own cookin' but its awful bland
I'm tellin' you right now things are out of hand
REPEAT CHORUS TWICE
Where you gonna find a good man like me
1 comment:
Yes, I was laughing out loud!
Love,
Aunt Bethy
Post a Comment