Last week we were outside playing and saw a neighbor walk by. In talking to him, he told me that he was recently laid off from his job. I told him how sorry I was to hear that and then the boys started asking a lot of questions about why I was sorry. I took some time explaining to them that his job told him not to come in anymore and that he had to look for a new job so he could pay his bills - like for his house, his food, etc. It seemed they understood it from that description, but didn't really know why it would happen. As we talked, the boys were telling me about how they thought that wouldn't be very fun and such. Then my sweet Nathaniel told me, "Mom, that's ok, he can still be rich with God's love."
Yes, Nathaniel, you are 100% correct, and we should always remember that no matter the curves life throws to us.
1 comment:
That's awesome. We definitely need to listen to our kids - they can be so smart!
Post a Comment