Thursday, April 30, 2009

18 Months Going on 3 years!

Leah, Leah, Leah, please don't grow up too fast. She seems so "wise beyond her years" considering her age. Not in majorly extreme ways, but it has really been different having a little girl. She is just growing, growing, and so is her hair! I really think it's grown a lot in the last week or so. Nice cute little curls in the back, and the color is starting to look a bit highlighted as we've been outside more this spring. Maybe she'll be my white blonde this summer - seems Nathaniel & Jacob both had that for one summer at this age.

She is really branching out with her communication! She can't say the words to much, but she'll answer all your yes/no questions with gusto! She also realized on vacation that swimming was pretty fun. She was very good at staying on the steps and sitting/walking/crawling around the area. It was nice - good hope for summer. Last time she swam, she clung on for dear life and didn't enjoy it at all.

She has also been our best eater lately! She has been eating all her meals so well that I use her as an example with the boys when they just want snacks & no meals - almost daily. She's ready to eat at meal times and always eats pretty much whatever we have - not overeating, but just willing to try anything.

The final big deal was at my parents' before leaving for vacation. Patrick was near the restroom with her and she was acting like she wanted to go in. He asked her if she wanted to, she said yes, and so he propped her up on the seat. Low and behold, she went! I couldn't believe it. We've never had an event like that at this age. For a while, though, she has definitely been big on having her diaper changed (even when not needed really), getting & using wipes, and then, my favorite - the going in the restroom like her brothers - she has been known to walk in there, stand by the toilet, and pull up her shirt. That is, afterall, what she sees her brothers do. What a hoot.

The other week when Christine G. came over to watch the kids while I was at work, she even mentioned how when Leah really starts talking that she'll likely start with full sentences. I'm sure she's pretty normal, and I truly think are boys are bright, too, but it just seems there is something different with her development for sure.

Now, if I can just get the time & schedule done to get her 18 month pics done. She'll be 19 months before I know it. She is a gem.

No comments: