Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mischievous Little Drummer Boy

Jacob is starting to follow in Patrick's footsteps even more. He has recently determined that pretty much every object in his path is either a drumstick or a drum and he pounds incessantly: pots, pans, paint cans, canned goods, with paint sticks, silverware, pens, etc., etc., etc. I can't even think of all the things he's used lately. Patrick does have an old set of drums in the basement...they may get more use soon! I don't really need everything all dented. The pots actually have some indentations!

And onto the mischief (other than the wall art). When we returned from vacation this weekend, I was pleased to see all my pretty tulips blooming in the front yard. I must say, I was hoping to enjoy them a bit longer! But my cutie 3 year-old was helping me trim some weeds on the side of the house on Sunday. It was about 3 minutes after I realized he was no longer on the side of the house that I went to the front yard to see that my flower bed did not have one standing bloom on any tulip stem. He clipped them ALL off. Although I had to laugh, really, I do really like tulips and was bummed they were gone. I told a neighbor and he asked if I put them in a vase...I said it would have been nice, but Jacob decided to clip them all right at the bloom, so they had no stem. He is so cute, but we did have a little discussion about this. We planted some more flowers today and he already told me he wouldn't pull off the blooms. However, it appears his younger sister may have noticed the fun and we'll just see how many flowers we end up with!

I suppose these kids are all the blooms I truly need in my life. What fun.

No comments: