Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Sunshine on this Rainy Morning...

It was a rainy morning today and I was feeding Anne and Jacob & Leah were playing in the family room. Jacob had a toy cash register and we started pretending...
Jacob: "Mom, would you like some Ice Cream?"
Mom: "Sure, that sounds great."
Jacob: "OK, what kind?"
Mom: "Vanilla; I think it's the best." (Vanilla is Jacob's favorite)
Jacob: "OK, here you go. It costs $40."
Mom: "OK, thank you, here's the money. How much does a car cost?"
Jacob: "$7"
Mom: "Oh, sounds good. How about a house, how much is that?"
Jacob: "$20. Did you eat all your ice cream?"
Mom: "Sounds great! My ice cream is almost all gone; I saved a little for ice cream soup. Thank you." (Jacob likes to stir his ice cream as it melts to make "ice cream soup.")
All I'd need to add is: having fun, pretending, playing: priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute and priceless!
love,
Aunt Bethy