I was thinking as I went to bed last night of things about Grandma. A few memories came to mind that bring a smile to my face...
- at her house on Nora Street, she had a ceramic type sink and no dishwasher. When we would do dishes there, we always thought that she was a fast washer and moved the dishes around a lot.
- I am pretty sure that as I child I knew she was the best apple peeler in the world. She would peel apples with a paring knife and it seemed like she could go round and round the apple and get the whole peel off in what seemed like one single piece.
- one time she made chicken and Beth & I were there. I think it was the liver, or maybe the gizard (sp?), but she asked me if I liked it. I said no but that Beth did (I was kidding). Then when we were eating, she offered it to Beth & didn't know why she wouldn't take it. Beth told her she didn't like that (now can anyone see Beth eating that?) and then Grandma said, "Oh, you jacka**!" We cracked up about hearing her say that for quite a while.
- two of my favorite phrases: "sweet-art" for the way she said sweetheart and the way she said "pertty good" when you asked her how she was doing.
Lissy & I came up with a couple others...
- "Gill-ee-house", "Veg-et-a-bles"
- Salami & Grape jelly sandwiches
No comments:
Post a Comment