Sunday, May 9, 2010

What a Wonderful Mothers Day!

Today was such a wonderful day. We started with Mass at 9am then we went to Barbara & Stu's house for a brunch as today was also Grandpa Dan's birthday. Then we came back home to relax. We had been planning to make homemade ice cream, so the kids helped me do that this afternoon so we could have it for dessert tonight. Then Patrick made a wonderful dinner of BBQ grilled shrimp, salad, grilled vegetables, and bread. He also made a strawberry angel food cake dessert as well. The kids each gave me a bottle of lotion or bubble bath and I'm getting ready to use it tonight. They also made me the most wonderful cards. Leyton & Nathaniel each gave me ones with their handprint on it since, "we know you like to see how big our hands are." It's true, I do enjoy that. One of their cards included a great poem called, "Hands." It was very cute and I know I'll keep it in my special things of theirs to always hold on to. Hard to believe how they're all growing and changing to so quickly.

I feel very blessed today and always...and it sure was nice getting catered to a bit!

Happy Mothers Day to all!

No comments: