Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On the Go

Well, the month of February flew by. I am not sure where it went?! But I guess it was a good month. I know there are things that happened with the kids that I wish I had kept better track of, but maybe this month will be better! We've had plenty of snow this winter. The kids have had 4-5 days off for snow days, and they've already made up two. They were supposed to have two days off during the week before President's Day, but they decided to have school instead. That was fine with me as I would rather make it up now that at the end of May when everyone is tired!

Leyton & Nathaniel are doing great with 1st grade. I think they really like it. Nathaniel is really taking off with his reading and he really seems to enjoy it. I am happy for him; I never felt I was a strong reader growing up. Leyton is doing well also. His new favorite read - each day he asks Dad for the Sports page of the newspaper. It's cute.

We're gearing up for March Madness! It's a fun time of year to watch lots of basketball. Definitely a KU household, though. The boys are all getting to know a lot of the names of the players. Jacob's favorite, of course, is his namesake - i.e. Jacob THOMAS ROBINSON. He gets a kick out of that. Leyton likes a lot of players, but thinks it's pretty neat that the twins play together - Marcus & Markieff Morris. They are fun to watch. Yesterday Leah said she was being Tyshawn Taylor. They are funny.

Spring has peaked out the last couple days and it's wonderful to see the sun. We have been playing a lot of basketball outside and the kids are all enjoying that. Anne likes to let the ball roll down the driveway...and right into the street. So, we have to keep a good eye on her.

Hopefully I'll keep things updated better this month so I don't forget the little daily joys.

No comments: