Friday, January 6, 2012

14 Years and Counting

So Patrick & I celebrated our 14th anniversary this week. Time flies when you're having fun, right? We were able to go out for dinner over the weekend - thanks Grandma & Grandpa for watching the kiddos. We spent some time reviewing what plans we had for past anniversaries and reminiscing back to when we started dating in college. Funny how we were sure we had "so much to do" back then. We laughed about that for a little while. I reminded Patrick where we went for our first anniversary & then eating our frozen top layer of the wedding cake, etc. He was then wondering how many he could recall. Then I "dialed back" as he calls it and spouted off a number of our other anniversaries: dinners, trips, etc. I think he was impressed with my memory!

On January 3, 1998, I never could have envisioned that we'd be where we are today, but it sure is wonderful to have him as my husband, friend, father to our six wonderful children. He really works hard for us and I appreciate that very much. And like Patrick's parents always say, they sure are glad (as am I) that I was an engineer first! I can't imagine life without my trip through Rolla to meet him!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Belated happy anniversary to you guys! I don't have my new calendar up yet, so at bit behind on even what the date is...