Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday, Leyton & Nathaniel!

Here are my big boys from the first day to this 8th birthday. They sure have changed!


Wow, how times change! We wished these big boys a happy 8th birthday! It is so strange to think back to January 7, 2004 when they surprised us with their arrival -- about 8 weeks early. Leyton was born at 10:25am at 3lb 13oz and Nathaniel was born at 10:27am at 4lb 3oz and officially we were parents. They are such wonderful boys, each with their own traits and personality. They've now been in different classes for 1st & 2nd grade and it still makes me smile when I ask them about their school day and who they played with at recess...they each name their brother every time I ask. I'm glad they are close.



They are also good big brothers for all of their siblings. They play with everyone and care about them. They'll also help me out when I need it, to get something done for one of the little kids. Nathaniel has especially been taking care of Anne lately - he reads to her, helped her get jammies on the other night, sits by her in the van when she asks him to. Very sweet to watch. Leyton always has such a nice way of talking to the kids, too. For example if Anne has something that is his or that he wants or that she shouldn't maybe have, rather than just take it from her, he'll say, "Anne, may I please have that?" Typically she hands it right over. It's just nice to see the gentle nature instead of just grabbing it and upsetting her.



As far as hobbies, I'd say they are both really into basketball and enjoy baseball. They LOVE Legos, KU and now are pretty big Cardinals fans. Nathaniel continues to enjoy working on projects around the house and building or fixing things with Patrick. Leyton enjoys projects also, but I think would rather shoot baskets outside. I'm wondering if either of them will pick up free throw shooting contests? I was thinking about that recently since I used to always do those.




We really love these two boys and look forward to a great year with Reconciliation and First Communion. They have been busy preparing and are doing a great job. The first 8 years have gone by quickly. Crazy to think that in 8 more years, they'll be getting ready for driving! Happy Birthday boys!

No comments: