Bummer for him, he was home sick! He actually missed four of five days of school the week of his birthday! We knew he felt pretty sick, though, because he didn't even get out of bed or really worry about his special day. The biggest concern was whether he'd get his full size bag of Skittles from the school office for his birthday. Once he was assured he could get it when he went back, then he was just fine. Never did I plan to post this so late, but I'm really starting to doubt my ability to keep up with blogging these days. I guess I can say I'm "living in the moment." But, Mr. Jacob turned 7 in December and he is basically the same size as his big brothers. He's really grown a lot lately. He sometimes gets mistaken as a twin as he & Leyton resemble each other more than Leyton & Nathaniel do. He is doing great in first grade and sometimes it's easy to forget his actual age. Luckily, he reminds us with his silly 7 year old boy actions. He still loves his Legos, enjoys the Wii when he gets a chance to play (limited around here), and is a great reader. I would say his favorite books to read are his saint books. I'm sure he knows a lot more saint facts than his parents with the variety he reads about. I have enjoyed getting to spend time with him at school, too, when his class comes to Catechesis of the Good Shepherd each week. His favorite sport is basketball followed by baseball. He still keeps his silly grin and a good level of mischief. One of his other favorite things is playing with his siblings. On any given day, he'll pair off with a different one of them and they'll go on their way to play. I love to see his relationships with each of them. Genuine and sweet, and sure doesn't keep his feelings to himself. We love you, Jacob!
I am trying to upload a picture, but at this moment am fearing that since he was sick, that I didn't even get one?! I'll post it if I find it. Otherwise, here's one of him with Catherine from a little later.

No comments:
Post a Comment