Saturday, March 23, 2013

Things We Say

we have sure been in the basketball spirit lately. It has made the girls act more like cheerleaders. Leah has been saying that she wants to be a cheerleader in college and asks if that's ok. I've said, "We'll, I don't know. Let's just wait and see. (Aka highly doubtful, but I won't crush your thoughts today)" then the next part has a preface...the boys have asked what I would give them if they make it in the NBA. They have asked if I would give them $100. Well, I figure that's a pretty good deal. I've even said I'd give the, $500. They obviously haven't thought about that the last thing they'd need if they ever get to the NBA is $500 from dear old mom. But, it makes for a fun conversation. So then back to Leah. She asks abut being an NBA cheerleader. "Mom. If I be an NBA cheerleader, will you give me $100?" I reply, "Sure." I then have another child running off blissfully at the idea of a little cash that will never materialize under the current agreements.

After all of this talk, Anne calls out, "Mom, when I grow up, can I be a Princess?" ... And this is with a little grin and big eyes and much expression.

The other interesting comment comes from Catherine and Jacob. She's really been chatting up a storm. I'm sure she has her mind running and we are all left to wonder what the babbling means. It seems very intentional. I recently heard her say what I thought was, "hi." Jacob, however, disagreed. Thanks to his reading and English teachers (I should tell them, too), Jacob said, "No, Mom. She said 'oi', you know, the vowel diphthong." Oh, pardon me, how could I have misunderstood. What a funny guy (although her was quite serious).

No comments: