Wow, what a weekend. We sure kept busy. On Saturday, we had a family birthday party, followed by a graduation party. Then on Sunday we went to the Jiggle Jam during the day, a neighborhood barbeque for dinner, and then Patrick & I went to another neighborhood party that evening...kind of a belated 40th birthday party (this guy turned 42 on 4/15!). On Monday, we did a bit of shopping and then realized the kids were WORN OUT from the weekend. We sure enjoyed it, though.
On the Jiggle Jam update, we have some great news! Jim Cosgrove has a new album out! YEAH. It's called Upside Down and it is actually really good. Leyton's favorite song so far I believe is the "Pizza Tree" and Nathaniel's favorite is Jim's version of "This Little Light of Mine." We already purchased this album and have been listening to it a lot. I really like the song "Let's stick together." His daughter Lyda helped write the song last year when their daughter Willa (then 8 weeks) was injured at a baseball game in Wichita. It's cute and has a great message. A new thing is he partners up with two other local acts that we are liking more and more: Funky Mama (you can also see her blog) and the Doo Dads. Funky Mama has a great voice. I think the Doo Dads are a bit more rockin', but fun as well. The kids have been saying now that they want to make sure we get to see Funky Mama again soon. The Doo Dads weren't at the Jiggle Jam, but we saw them last week somewhere else. Wow, rereading this paragraph sounds pretty silly with all these names! The way we dance to all this is truly the best...lots of hip shaking, guitar playing, and great singing. They still pretend to be Jim each day. It's pretty enjoyable. This weekend, he asked us, though, when they would go on stage and sing with him since they still bring their guitars & wear their Hawaiian shirts to all the shows. I'm not sure when they'll be ready, but in the mean time, they don't miss a beat or a rock-n-roll jump while singing in the crowd. I actually recorded their own performance this time, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment