Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hard Working Boys

Leyton, Nathaniel, and Jacob all love being "workers." They're so serious when they talk about all the work they have to do, how much it costs, and when they'll finish it up. I just love it. Today they were telling me about my car needing to be fixed. Leyton said, "Um, Christine, well, your car needs some work and I'll have to take care of it for you. It needs some repairs, that means it needs to be fixed." I asked how much this would cost. "$1." "Sir, by all means, fix this for me. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. I'll take care of it."

Then he was telling me about all his tools to do his "51" jobs he had to do. But luckily, he didn't have to do all 51 things today. Whew.

Jacob joins the fun: "Christine, I need to fix yours car."

"OK, please fix it for me."

"OK, Christine, I just need some more of these screws (from the garage). That be fine?"

"Sure, have a great day!"

Nathaniel pretty much keeps to himself and just works, hammers, digs, etc.

If I refer to any of them by name, they quickly correct me to tell me that they are "the workers." I try to follow their lead and we all get into our own little world.

No comments: