Monday, February 23, 2009

It's a ...

Healthy growing baby! We had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound this afternoon and had a family field trip to the event. All was well. The boys enjoyed seeing the "baby pictures" and it was exciting seeing a new little face that we haven't met yet. The baby is measuring right on track - well, a week ahead on arm length & leg length, but overall averages at 2 days ahead of my due date. Sounds good to me. Someone mentioned to me today how being 20 weeks is a new way to look at things - time to start counting down until arrival! We were able to bring home some cute pictures of the little one, too. Always a bonus. I also enjoy the relief of knowing things are good since I really still am not wearing much maternity clothes. I did wear some to church yesterday, but that was about the first time so far this time around and I was still self-conscious of if I needed to and how it looked.

I really like my doctor and we usually have a good little chat when I'm there. He pretty much tells me to "stay boring" (he says I'm an easy patient that wouldn't complain even if I was miserable & he enjoys that I pretty much have things going normally). He grabbed the ultrasound report to check the gender (which we've never found out). Then he was like, "You don't want to know?" After a response, he said, "Good for you." Most of the conversation, though, was about the big basketball game tonight between KU & OU. He's a big fan & knows our household is, also. GO KU! Then as I was leaving, he said he was going back to see the ultrasound technician to see if she'd tell him what we were having. Time will tell!

No comments: