Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oh the Wonders of Snow

Well, for not knowing the snow was coming, I was caught a bit off guard on Saturday morning when I saw the several inches we had overnight. Of course the boys were thrilled. Leah is funny as she likes going outside, but doesn't really get that it's cold...until she falls on her bottom & gets her bare hands in the white fluff -- SCREAM! I don't blame her; that's the worst, isn't it?!

The boys played in it on Saturday for a while, well maybe 15 minutes. It was kind of cold and unfortunately too cold for snow balls with their snowball makers. I was glad about that, though, since we could only locate one of the three or four that we have. The funny part was how the boys were very upset they couldn't find theirs. I have been encouraging them more and more to put things away in a good place. Here's an example of how that's been going:
I ask them, "Well, where did you put them away last time when you were finished using them?"
One of them said, "I put it where I usually do."
Me: "Where's that?"
One of them, "Around the house."

Isn't that the truth! Ha, funny where they feel like putting things away sometimes. On another note, though, if anyone has wanted to visit, I think they should visit today or tomorrow. After that, I can't make any promises. The house is super clean right now since we had a dinner party last night with three other couples from church (thanks Beth & Robert for babysitting!) and so the house looked great, if I do say so myself. It was tiring, though, as we did all the work on Saturday on top of running a few errands and my making dinner. But, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to do it too early. As Patrick reminds me daily when I'm picking up that it only takes about two seconds for all the work to be UNdone again. I'll enjoy this as long as I can!

No comments: