Friday, May 1, 2009

Big Boys Update

Well, with the updates on Jacob & Leah, I just couldn't leave out my big boys. Preschool is almost over and I am looking forward to summer! It will be fun to have the time to goof around with them. They are really growing and changing, too.

Nathaniel is such a great helper. He's always willing to help, especially helping Patrick with real projects. I'm often amazed at the depth of his logic and problem solving capabilities. He really does think things through and understands cause/effect more than I would expect. He (and Leyton) have also become quite the handsome little men at church. I bought all three boys suits recently (they've been wanting them "to be like Dad" and to wear to Aunt Bethy's wedding). Well, let me tell you we will get our money's worth. We've had them about a month or so and every weekend other than when we were out of town, at least the big boys have worn their suits to church. And, with the suits, we have new belts, shoes, and we need gel and cologne as well. You know, to be like Dad. Patrick made a cute comment and realized that he needed to really cherish that because apparently kids won't always want to be just like their parents? I know, sounds shocking, ha. Nathaniel is also very encouraging. Jacob has been working on his bike riding lately and Nathaniel has just been so helpful and encouraging to him that I can't help but sit back and enjoy. What a neat kids.

And Mr. Leyton. Aunt Beth swears he's not 5 because of the way he conducts himself in person and on the phone. On the phone, I'll admit, he does sound older with the flow of his conversations and phrases. This week he's also been into doing a lot of chores to earn some money. That is lots of fun for me! I'll welcome the help anytime. He truly is a wonderful big brother, also. He is so sweet, especially to Leah, whenever she needs anything or needs out of her crib. His greetings to her are still a highlight of the day to hear. She will smile and just be so happy with him.

No comments: