Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brave Little Girl

We've known for a while that Leah is a pretty brave little girl. She learns from the best, I guess...those three big brothers sure give her some ideas. Today we were at the pool and she was swimming around as usual, around the steps & ledge in the 3 ft area. However, she also wanted to go out to 4 ft, jump off the ladder, etc., and was really enjoying going under water. I'm there, of course, holding her. Then, she decided that just wasn't enough excitement. She was very persistent and wanted to go to the deep end and see what that was about since that's where the boys were jumping in with their life jackets on. She knew exactly where she wanted to jump from and it just happened to be 5-6 ft deep. I let her do it once and she had a ball, while I, on the other hand, tried to hold her up & tiptoe back to a little more shallow water so I could stand comfortably and hold her up. She couldn't have been happier. I just hope she doesn't want to grow up too fast; sure made it seem like she was a big girl being so brave.

On the walk home from the pool, it made me think about how her days as the baby in the family are getting short already. I can't believe we only have about 4 weeks - probably at the most - until our new little one is introduced. The kids are all so precious and Leah is just a sweet little princess. She sure captures a lot of hearts already.

No comments: