Sunday, June 21, 2009

Leah's out of the Crib!

We finally made the switch this week. I had been hoping to get her out of the crib earlier, but we had put it off a bit partly due to showing the house and partly due to the fact that we wanted to get a new set of bunk beds for Jacob so Leah could have his twin bed. Now we have that stuff. But, since we aren't showing the house right now, we put the mattress for Leah on the floor as we've done with the boys. The first night was Thursday...worked like a charm. I rocked her for a minute or two, put her on the mattress, laid down next to her for just a few minutes and poof, she was out like a light. I guess I should have remembered that, oh yeah, she's an independent persistent little girl who knows what she wants...runs in the family. I worked Friday night and how did it go for Patrick? After 1 1/2 hours of trying to get her to even lay down, he finally put her back in the crib for the night so he could get the boys to bed. Yesterday, I'm sure she was worn out - she took a good nap when Grandpa Dan & Grandma Sally were here. And then last night - another battle. It wasn't that she wasn't tired, but she just felt the freedom & wanted to get up and play with toys. She's a hoot. She screamed for a long time and finally wore out & passed out. I guess maybe we'll get her in there earlier so she has a bit more time for playing before sleep!

No comments: