Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just to Keep Life Interesting

As I've spent the last several weeks keeping everything in good order to show our house, I'm a bit worn out - on top of being 37 weeks pregnant today (which all seems to be well & good after my doctor visit Friday). Other things in the mix right now are the fact that we do have a contract on the house and the inspection is tomorrow - I sure hope it goes well. We spent the day yesterday looking at several potential homes only to pretty much rule all of them out. We felt they either didn't really give us anything we were hoping to find, cost more than we'd like, OR a surprising number have cats! We've now realized that cat houses are probably not the best for us as Jacob & Leyton are severely or deadly allergic - take your pick. AND, believe it or not, we set up appointments to look on Friday, and between Friday & Sat., 3 of the options had contracts on them. So, out of about 8-9 homes, 6 were ruled out pretty quickly due to the cat or sold aspects. I'm sure there's something out there, but we're still on the hunt. It would be nice to find something that could be a bit settling for us, but we'll see. Time is ticking...the contract on our house includes a closing date/possession date of 7/17 - and yes, I'm due 7/12. But hey, why not keep life exciting. Having a place to move to would sure feel nice!

No comments: