Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Jacob!


WOW, time sure flies. Jacob turned four and birthdays always lead to me looking back over the past few years and seeing how quickly time goes by and how quickly the kids change. Jacob is a sweet boy with plenty of passion for the right things. Ha. He has a sweet spot for his baby sister, Anne, for sure! He always wants to kiss & hug her and often calls her "my sweet pea." He has the cutest smile and definitely is full of mischief most of the time. He loves his brothers and when they're at school, he takes over as the big boy of the house and is always nice to his sisters. I love you Jacob! His teachers at preschool have also said that 1) he is always smiling, and 2) he has "such a loving heart." Now I know I'm biased, but I think when you get feedback from teachers that there are many things you could hear, but I think those are pretty special words to have said about my son.

Jacob had a low-key birthday at home. He wanted a round cake with starburst and chocolate chips on top, so that is what we had! It was a lot of fun. His dinner of choice was macaroni, so I made that and also made some cheeseburgers for anyone who wanted one. We had a special family day. Uncle Robert & Aunt Beth came over & brought him a new train and coloring book. They also brought his gift from the Grahams which was a book and some mini jigsaw puzzles. He loves them all. He gets to do a little shopping with some money he has, so he's planning on a new trash truck, but we'll see if anything else catches his eye. He still can't get enough fire trucks and is really enjoying puzzles.

In the pictures, he's sitting with his personal cake that he decorated and then there's one picture of the bigger cake we had.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jakey! Cute.
Love,
Aunt Bethy

Melissa said...

what a cute birthday boy!