Thursday, March 21, 2013

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


So on Tuesday of this week, I packed away all the winter snow gear and gloves, hats, etc.  And what do you know?  It snowed more today and may this weekend.  Yikes.  I am ready for spring!!!  We had a couple of heavy snow storms in mid-late February I guess it was and the kids really enjoyed playing in it.  I think Anne enjoyed it the most actually.  We even got Catherine out there, which was lots of fun.  I think we had about 10 inches one time and then the next storm was more (and the first wasn't gone yet).  The kids had 4 or 5 days off school and I enjoyed a break from the routine of running around as much.  Sometimes it's nice to have a good reason to just not go anywhere (and enjoy that no one is sick, either!).  We were home and played and they actually are past the phase of bundling up for 5 minutes then coming back in.  What a nice treat for everyone!  They would stay out longer this year.  The surprise was that there was no interest at all in sledding.  Oh well.  One other funny thing was that after the snow was here a few days, I shoveled the patio and wouldn't you know, we had kids out shooting baskets with the snow piles to catch the loose balls.  It worked out pretty well.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Catherine was cropped into that coat. Cute pictures.