Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fast Times and Slow Times

The slow times... Well, as far as the baby goes, the days are passing slowly. I feel good, but just don't know when the big day will be. I am now thinking I'll go overdue?! I figure, if it hasn't happened yet, I don't know how/why it'll change. Ha. I go to the doctor on Thursday, so I'll be curious to see if there is any sign (other than my stomach measurement) that the baby may come soon. We'll hope. I think Grandma & Grandpa would be okay with 10/4 as that's their anniversary! That would be fine with me. I'm still feeling pretty good, not uncomfortable, really, so that's good. I'm a bit worn out, but don't know if it's truly any more than usual. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

The fast times... the three growing boys currently in the house! Jacob got a haircut today - his first basic buzz cut. He looks quite different. It wasn't what I planned, but simply how it ended up in dealing with the time he allowed for it to be done and the amount of wiggling. Leyton & Nathaniel have crazy sock day at school tomorrow & are supposed to wear red. We're hoping to round up some Jayhawk or Chiefs socks for the day. Also, a neighbor dropped off two different things today - it may be a challenge to have these popular items shared. She brought us one set of Curious George pajamas (they love Curious George) and a Hawaiian type shirt with palm trees & lots of cars & trucks on it (yes, another shirt to fit the basic wardrobe they currently enjoy). I'm curious to see if it will work that we have one of each of these two different exciting things! The other school thing that came up today was that we were talking about cleaning up the legos on the sunroom floor (they are there almost all the time). I asked if we could clean them up & they said, "Actually, we only clean up at school." My response of course, "WHAT?" Ha, ha. Anyway, then they went on to say it was because there's "clean up music" at school and that's what determines their cleaning efforts. I have decided I must find out more about this magic music - couldn't everyone use such a thing?

I put Jacob down for nap today & Nathaniel always wants me to hurry with that & get back to him. Today he even said, "Mom, I want you to come out of Jakey's room because I like you to spend time with me." I made sure he knows how much I like it too.

I guess to top off the day, the weather was absolutely perfect, so much of the day, we were out side enjoying the sandbox, swingset, etc., & collected "nature things" in ziploc bags for fun.

Enough for one day.

No comments: